turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

goldengirl
Returning Member

Does this mean my refund has been approved

So i filed on jan. 21st. Got accepted jan. 22nd. And i filed claiming child tax credit etc. So i wont be getting my refund til after mid feb. But does this mean they habe checked the returns again after its been accepted and saw that i claim child tax credit and im approved thats why i now have to wait for my refund date after mid feb?

[attached image removed]

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

This is a public Internet forum.  You may wish to remove your image or redact any sensitive information.  There is an EDIT button to the right of your question above.  I'll just remove it for you.  It's not needed now.

No, it does not mean that your refund has been approved.   When it's been approved, there will be a clear indication with the tool or this website:
http://www.irs.gov/Refunds

That is general information for people who have EIC or ACTC credits in their return.   The IRS will start processing their returns on January 29, but will not start releasing any refunds with those credits until February 15.  That means that people with those credits will not start seeing refunds until around February 27.

I see you have other threads asking about amending your return.  You should wait until you receive any Federal refund first before you amend a return.

In the meantime, do not make any changes in your return.  When you amend a return, it has to start off with the return exactly as originally filed.

The amended return (Form 1040X) will have to be printed, signed, and mailed.  It can take up to 16 weeks for the IRS to process an amended return.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

This is a public Internet forum.  You may wish to remove your image or redact any sensitive information.  There is an EDIT button to the right of your question above.  I'll just remove it for you.  It's not needed now.

No, it does not mean that your refund has been approved.   When it's been approved, there will be a clear indication with the tool or this website:
http://www.irs.gov/Refunds

That is general information for people who have EIC or ACTC credits in their return.   The IRS will start processing their returns on January 29, but will not start releasing any refunds with those credits until February 15.  That means that people with those credits will not start seeing refunds until around February 27.

I see you have other threads asking about amending your return.  You should wait until you receive any Federal refund first before you amend a return.

In the meantime, do not make any changes in your return.  When you amend a return, it has to start off with the return exactly as originally filed.

The amended return (Form 1040X) will have to be printed, signed, and mailed.  It can take up to 16 weeks for the IRS to process an amended return.

goldengirl
Returning Member

Tha k you very much, i will do that. So the amend process doesnt start until i send in the forms correct? Even if i go onto amend my return to just make a few changes, it wouldnt affect my current refunds right? I have not print or sent anything off because the amend form isnt availabsle yet

It won't change what you've already sent to the IRS, if you're sure your original efiling was accepted.  But anything  you do in the Amend section now will change the return at the website.   You should make a copy of your original return before amending it so you'll always know what you sent originally.  I would save a copy of both the original PDF and the original *.tax file in case anything goes wrong.  Since tax files are so sensitive, I'd store them safely and securely to guard against computer theft, hacking, etc.

You should hold off until TurboTax publishes the instructions and the 2017 Form 1040X becomes available.
You can watch here:

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894381-how-to-amend-change-or-correct-a-return-you-already-filed"...>
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies