turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

iwan870

It says my refund was delivered but I have not received my paper check. If it was lost in the mail can how can I fix it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

It says my refund was delivered but I have not received my paper check. If it was lost in the mail can how can I fix it?

Who is "it"? Did the IRS Where's My Refund site say your refund check had been mailed? Where's My Refund will give you a personalized date after the IRS processes your return and approves your refund.

Confirm the status on the IRS web site: https://www.irs.gov/refunds

If you have waited quite a few days past the date provided by the IRS for the postal service to deliver it, you can start the process to get the check replaced. Use the information on this IRS site: https://www.irs.gov/faqs/irs-procedures/refund-inquiries/refund-inquiries-0

Where did it actually say delivered?  I don't think anyone says that except the post office.  What exactly did it say?  The IRS might say sent or approved.  

Turbo Tax will never know if or when the IRS sends your refund.  Turbo Tax only transmits your return to the IRS then their part is done.  Turbo Tax only shows that the IRS Accepted or Rejected your tax return and gives you an estimated date for your refund.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies