Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

It not letting me get a turbo visa card why ive gotten one the last 2 yrs with turbo. Its not giving me option for check either i don't have a bank account ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

It not letting me get a turbo visa card why ive gotten one the last 2 yrs with turbo. Its not giving me option for check either i don't have a bank account ?

It won't allow you to choose paper check for your Federal refund if you chose to pay the fees out of your Federal refund.    To get the check option you have to pay the TurboTax fees upfront by credit/debit card or a prepaid debit card you can buy in a store for a few bucks.

If you chose that "pay out of refund" option, we can tell you the correct way to remove it so you can pay the fees by one of those other methods.   The method for removing it depends on whether you are in California or a non-California state.

As to why you may have been denied a Turbo Prepaid Visa Card, see this FAQ:

FAQ:  Why can't I get a Turbo Prepaid Visa® Card?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6419973

View solution in original post

1 Reply

It won't allow you to choose paper check for your Federal refund if you chose to pay the fees out of your Federal refund.    To get the check option you have to pay the TurboTax fees upfront by credit/debit card or a prepaid debit card you can buy in a store for a few bucks.

If you chose that "pay out of refund" option, we can tell you the correct way to remove it so you can pay the fees by one of those other methods.   The method for removing it depends on whether you are in California or a non-California state.

As to why you may have been denied a Turbo Prepaid Visa Card, see this FAQ:

FAQ:  Why can't I get a Turbo Prepaid Visa® Card?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6419973

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies