Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My return was accepted on 1-20-2018 but it has not been approved in years past its been accepted and approved within 1 day of the irs taking returns is something wrong?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
NicoleJLO

My return was accepted on 1-20-2018 but it has not been approved in years past its been accepted and approved within 1 day of the irs taking returns is something wrong?

It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to go from acceptance to approval.  This timeframe is unrelated to how, where, or when you filed, and it isn't connected to how quickly you got your refund last year. https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4495802

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4689484

View solution in original post

11 Replies

have you received your refund yet ?

I filed mine on the 19th of Jan it was accepted on the 19th of Jan and it's still showing processing. I have never seen anything like this before. I also have the child tax credit on mine.

I'm still waiting on mine to was accepted on 1-31-2018

The IRS really needs a better system. Lol mine was literally accepted on the 19th of Jan and it hasn't changed since. If there's a problem I really hope they would post a code prompting us to call them. It's unbelievably unfair that if you claim your child it automatically takes longer. Go Trump.
NicoleJLO

It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to go from acceptance to approval.  This timeframe is unrelated to how, where, or when you filed, and it isn't connected to how quickly you got your refund last year. https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4495802

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4689484

jcfive10

did you receive your refund yet? i filed mine on 1/31 and still no word

me too. I filed 2/01 and still its on the processing bar. I do have a child on my taxes.
jcfive10

i just checked, and mine got approved

@jcfive10 what date did you file
jcfive10

@leealbrittwn i filed on 1/31
scampbe9

What does 152 topic mean? I have an offset...last year I did not submit a 1099 so it’s possivle I owe..will that make me wait longer I also received the income credit and child tax credit. I applied 1/26...will they from my refund what I owe or set up a payment plan ? I heard some ppl got their full refund with an offset...are their guidelines or something ...help anyone
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies