turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tthomas40

Is there away to get a transcript my answers to the 2017 session I had when filing my taxes? I need to know answers to what I filled out for turbotax when I filed.

I received a CP 2000 saying what was filed for a student credit was wrong and I now owe some money back. I need to know how I responded to the questions when using turbotax online. I do not want to give contradicting information. I have to Nov. 5th to respond.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Is there away to get a transcript my answers to the 2017 session I had when filing my taxes? I need to know answers to what I filled out for turbotax when I filed.

You would have to download the .tax2017 data file and install the 2017 Desktop program to open it.  But that might not even help.  When you revisit an area it resets the answers to the defaults and you have to answer them again.  

Did you download the pdf file?  Does it have all the worksheets?  You might find what you need in the worksheets.

If you used the TurboTax online editions for tax year 2017, then the only way to view your actual answers to the various questions in the program is to purchase, download and install on a personal computer one of the 2017 desktop editions from this website - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/2017

Then download the tax data file from the online edition -

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF) or Download .tax file

Start the 2017 TurboTax program and then open the tax data file from the File menu and clicking on Open Tax Return.

Otherwise download the PDF of the 2017 tax return since it will have all the forms, schedules, worksheets and other information only pages included with the download.  Those worksheets will show what you entered for the various sections of the tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies