turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I put my money on money network visa card

Where is the deposit info located

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Is that a prepaid debit card?  Many people can use a  pre-existing prepaid debit card to receive a tax refund, but it's important you check with your specific card company. 

First verify that the card is active.  Ask them if they accept a direct deposit of tax refunds from the IRS, and also ask them if there is a limit to the amount.

Also verify what account number and routing number to use for your particular card either by logging into your account on the card's website or by talking to your card's customer support.  The underlying bank account number associated with your card is not the card account number shown on the card.

When entering the card information in the FILE section of TurboTax, it will ask you how you wish to receive your refund.  You would indicate that you want to get your refund by direct deposit, and you would indicate that it is a "checking" account.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

I have the routing number and account number

Is that a prepaid debit card?  Many people can use a  pre-existing prepaid debit card to receive a tax refund, but it's important you check with your specific card company. 

First verify that the card is active.  Ask them if they accept a direct deposit of tax refunds from the IRS, and also ask them if there is a limit to the amount.

Also verify what account number and routing number to use for your particular card either by logging into your account on the card's website or by talking to your card's customer support.  The underlying bank account number associated with your card is not the card account number shown on the card.

When entering the card information in the FILE section of TurboTax, it will ask you how you wish to receive your refund.  You would indicate that you want to get your refund by direct deposit, and you would indicate that it is a "checking" account.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies