Is something wrong with my return because I have not received a date yet and people I know who filed after me has a date. What's going on?

Turbotax cannot provide any information about the status of your return or refund once it has been filed.

The IRS does necessarily process returns on a first in, first out basis so it is quite possible for someone who filed after you to get their refund before. You should simply continue to check the IRS refund tracker on a daily basis-the information is updated every 24 hours.