turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jad200

Is it true that the IRS made changes to the Swedish tax treaty for 2017 tax year and that such changes result in rather substantial increases in tax due in the USA?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Is it true that the IRS made changes to the Swedish tax treaty for 2017 tax year and that such changes result in rather substantial increases in tax due in the USA?

jad200

The treaty predates the supposed changes to the tax code in US. I find the IRS explanation difficult to believe. Anyone?

But it says it is still valid as of July 2018.  Why do you think there was a change in 2017?

I did not find anything. Please call the IRS and ask them.
jad200

Article 23 describes relief from Double Taxation. It is simple and clear. With all of your help (I am grateful, truly) I want to be prepared to discuss this with the IRS when I call them back.

jad200

Thank you; that was interesting but not applicable to my situation. An advisor from the IRS International taxes was able to help me find the problem. I had been wrongly advised to use  a worksheet that treats the foreign income tax not zeroed out by the tax treaty. All of my foreign income was wage based and thus covered by the treaty.  Thanks again for all the help. I consider this resolved.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies