Please feel free to review the following IRS link if you haven't already, 2017 Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions.
I claimed the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) on my tax return. When can I expect my refund?
- According to the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, the IRS cannot issue EITC and ACTC refunds before mid-February. The IRS expects the earliest EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or debit cards starting Feb. 27, 2018, if these taxpayers chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return.
- Where’s My Refund? on IRS.gov and the IRS2Go mobile app remains the best way to check the status of a refund. Where’s My Refund? will be updated with projected deposit dates for most early EITC and ACTC refund filers on February 17. These taxpayers will not see a refund date on Where’s My Refund? or through their software packages until then. The IRS, tax preparers and tax software will not have additional information on refund dates, so these taxpayers should not contact or call them about refunds before the end of February.
Also, if you chose to pay TurboTax with your federal refund, once the IRS reviews and approves your federal refund, the amount is sent to a third-party, who processes the TurboTax fees and the remaining amount is deposited into the bank account you provided. The state refund(s) must be reviewed and approved and will be sent directly from the state(s) (no third-party is involved). Please review the following link(s) and the link(s) embedded on the webpage(s) for more information:
- https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230418728-What-s-the-status-of-my-2018-refund- (You may use this link to track the status of your federal refund if you used the Refund Processing Service.)
- How do I track my state refund? (You may use this link to track the status of state refund(s).)
- What is the Refund Processing Service?
- Who provides the Refund Processing Service?
- Does "accepted" mean my refund is approved?
- My return is accepted but still not approved - is there a problem? Should I be worried?
- Why do some refunds take longer than others?
- Why is my IRS refund taking longer than 21 days?
- PATH Act delayed refunds for some filers
Still have questions?Make a post