Anonymous
Not applicable

IRS notice received re:Recovery Rebate Credit-I recalculated using instructions on IRS website and came up with the same amount-is there something wrong with this form?

They are reducing my refund-I don't know where they get the difference-looking at the form-it doesn't make sense-instead of getting less than actual-I ended up getting more.

You came  up with the same amount as the IRS or Turbo Tax?  How much is on 1040 line 30?  Did you not get one of the first 2 Stimulus payments?   Or qualify for more?

If you claimed a missing stimulus payment on your return but the IRS took it off you have to ask the IRS. They think they already sent it to you. Did you get the 2nd round after you filed your return?   Maybe it went to an account you don't remember. Or you got a check or a card. It was probably easy to miss the debit card in the mail and think it was junk mail. They have to put a trace on it.

How to put a trace on a missing 1st or 2nd Stimulus payment.  IRS for Payment Issued but Lost, Stolen, Destroyed or Not Received

See question F3 here, you can expand it to see how to put a trace on it.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/2020-recovery-rebate-credit-topic-f-finding-the-first-and-second-econom...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using the form on the IRS website the total agrees to the total Turbotax came up with.  Line 30 was $462.  Both rebates were approx $300 each.  My income was over $75,000 so it never made sense that I was getting an additional credit in my return.  But the form gave me more.