Irs changed my refund amount. Stated code 9021.We are getting a SIGNIFICANTLY less amount now then what they told us we were getting. We have TurboTax full service.

We had an agent that did our full tax return this year due to the disaster. We were not involved in the process that all except for providing the documents. They filed for us, Let us know what our tax return was when. We didn't receive any of our child care tax so so we knew ww were getting a larger refund. I got the notice today when I checked the status that our refund had been decreased by like $7000 due to a code 9021 and it gave a few hints as to what it could be but they're gonna send us a noticein thr mail.  Idon't know why this happened, it has never happened before. We are now getting a significantly reduced refund back after what the Turbo tax agent told us we were getting based off of her doing our taxes. I'm very concerned by this. Idon't know what I need to do. I have reached out to them but they haven't responded yet, I have to wait until Monday to talk to the IRS. Has anybody else had this issue or know what I should do?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.