Relentless

IRS and CA increased tax owed after I transmitted through TurboTax - no notice to me

So, the subject to the issue - luckily it was just a few hundred dollars each and the funds were available in my account, but not notice?  What happened?

Input will be appreciated.

TT does not know, as neither the IRS nor State advises them.  So wait for letters from them.  But could you have made a data entry error, or forgotten to claim some income?

Relentless

I suppose some sort of error is possible but isn't that what TT is supposed to prevent among other things? I passed all the error tests, etc. before sending.

I hate those IRS letters, but this time will be interesting.

Turbo Tax is a self prepared return.  It has no way of knowing or checking that you entered something wrong or in the wrong place or entered something twice  Or left something out.  It doesn't check against any outside sources.  The IRS has copies of all the W2s and 1099s your employer and banks/brokers, etc. sent in to match against.  Turbo Tax only checks the calculations of what you entered.   It is your responsibility to check it over before you file.  They only Guarantee that the calculations are right based on the entries you made.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/what-is-the-turbotax-100-accurate-calculatio...