turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My refund was sent to a closed account and the bank declined it. I have been unable to reach the IRS to get a paper check cut or a new account number to them. Any ideas?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
TomD8
Level 15

My refund was sent to a closed account and the bank declined it. I have been unable to reach the IRS to get a paper check cut or a new account number to them. Any ideas?

If your financial institution rejects an electronic deposit and returns it to the IRS, the IRS will automatically send a paper check to the most recent address they have on file for you.

https://www.irs.gov/help-resources/tools-faqs/faqs-for-individuals/frequently-asked-tax-questions-an...

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.

Were you having any fees deducted from your federal refund?  If you are you might be able to catch it at the bank it goes though first to take the fees out.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies