turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

If you're under Review

Filed 1/22

Accepted 1/27

Path

In process

Called on 2/21/2020

was told my Tax Return was not being processed that they didn't need any information from me and they had no further information

Called tax advocate: your return was marked as "Unpostable" on 2/18/2020 and that I should receive a letter within 30 days from the 18th to give further information.

Requested assistance from congressman 2/21 sent consent letter and information requested through email.

Received letter 5071c  dated 3/2/2020 got it on 3/6/2020

Called in information on 3/9/2020

still have heard nothing from congressman

Status was changed to " We have received your tax return and it is being processed"

Does anyone else have similar?

If you're under Review

Filed 2.3 

Accepted 2.3

21 days 2.24

Called the next business day and was told under 60 day review. They were not sure why. I recieved a letter dated for 2.19 and it was LTR4464c. Review supposedly starts the day of the letter. (My bf was told under review too and he never recieved a letter.)Asked for tax advocate they made me wait until after 3.3 to be appointed. 

Finally got an advocate and she called 3.9. She told me I was under review to verify my withholdings. (My bf called 3.8 and was still told the same...under review) Just to make sure they matched with what the employers sent in and what the irs had on file AND THEY DID! She sent a request in the next business day for my funds to be released (because they go in a batch) she told me she would contact me if there was anything else she needed or the irs needed. Expect a refund on or before 4.16 :(after all this time didnt seem too far away:) so the wait is on. (Oh and my bf recieved his funds 3.10 and just got a letter 3.12 his transcripts say notice issued and mine doesnt)

If you're under Review

Filed 1/22

Accepted 1/27

Path

In process

Called on 2/21/2020

was told my Tax Return was not being processed that they didn't need any information from me and they had no further information

Called tax advocate: your return was marked as "Unpostable" on 2/18/2020 and that I should receive a letter within 30 days from the 18th to give further information.

Requested assistance from congressman 2/21 sent consent letter and information requested through email.

Congressman's Assistant called said he would call when he gets an update

Received letter 4464c Today 3/23/2020

Status is still  " We have received your tax return and it is being processed"

Joejack

If you're under Review

I’m in the same boat

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

If you're under Review

@Joejack Please see the information below, per the IRS:

Why is my return being reviewed?

We select some returns to determine if income, expenses, and credits are being reported accurately. This doesn't mean you made an error or were dishonest.

Understanding Your Letter 4464C

Also, if the IRS needs additional information from you, they will request it in writing. These requests are always by mail - please do not respond to any e-mail requests for information, as these will not be from the IRS.  

Unless you receive a request from the IRS for more information, there isn't anything that you need to do during this time period. 

SusanY1 Employee Tax Expert"

If you received a 5071C letter, please see the link below for more information:

Understanding Your 5071C Letter

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

If you're under Review

Update on my original post

If you're under Review

Saturday March 28 2020 update

Filed 1/22

Accepted 1/27

Path

In process

Called on 2/21/2020

3/28/2020 Bars are present ddd 4/1/2020 ..but it is not over til the actual deposit happens so I will keep updating

If you're under Review

Wednesday March 1st 2020

Filed 1/22

Accepted 1/27

Path

In process

Called on 2/21/2020

3/28/2020 Bars are present ddd 4/1/2020 

Received call from congressman's office letting me know that April 1st was in fact my ddd

Received my deposit on 3/31/2020 at 10:45 pm with amount taken out for Turbo Tax Charge

My watch Is over

*Note: Bars still do not state refund sent and I already have it.

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

If you're under Review

I'm sorry for everything that you had to go through. I'm glad you finally got your deposit. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies