turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I want to get my refund direct deposited into my bank account but I didn't see the option when filing. Can I set that up?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
PeterM

I want to get my refund direct deposited into my bank account but I didn't see the option when filing. Can I set that up?

If you have already filed and submitted your tax return you will be unable to edit the bank account  information (as well as the direct deposit options) once the return has been accepted.

If your return has been filed and submitted and rejected then you are able to change the information. 

• Sign into your account, click take me to my return
  • Click the File heading
  • Follow the prompts for Step 1. When you get to Step 2, this is where the bank account information will be. Follow the prompts to view/edit your bank account information.  

If the IRS is unable to deposit your refund into your account, they will mail you a refund check. If the info you entered is someone else's account, don't worry – some banks won't deposit tax refunds into accounts where names don't match up. The best way for you to track your federal refund is to call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies