turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed last year with a company I am looking for itemized schedule A line 5 they did not put this form in my tax papers they did tax cutes and jobs act?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KrisD
Intuit Alumni

I filed last year with a company I am looking for itemized schedule A line 5 they did not put this form in my tax papers they did tax cutes and jobs act?

If you don't have a 2017 Schedule A, you may have used the Standard Deduction last year. 

If you filed a 1040 last year, look at line 40 to see if you took the standard deduction or itemized. (compare the amount on the line to the amounts on the side listed under Standard Deduction)

If you filed a 1040A or 1040EZ last year, you did not itemize, you used the Standard Deduction. 

If this is in regard to your state refund, if you took the standard deduction last year, the refund is not taxable and does not need to be reported as income this year. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KrisD
Intuit Alumni

If you don't have a 2017 Schedule A, you may have used the Standard Deduction last year. 

If you filed a 1040 last year, look at line 40 to see if you took the standard deduction or itemized. (compare the amount on the line to the amounts on the side listed under Standard Deduction)

If you filed a 1040A or 1040EZ last year, you did not itemize, you used the Standard Deduction. 

If this is in regard to your state refund, if you took the standard deduction last year, the refund is not taxable and does not need to be reported as income this year. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies