Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If you are due a refund on taxes you paid on unemployment when is Turbo Tax going to reflect that or do I need to ammend my return

I filed my taxes before the law was passed and am due a refund.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

If you are due a refund on taxes you paid on unemployment when is Turbo Tax going to reflect that or do I need to ammend my return

The IRS will automatically recalculate your refund and send you the difference.  There is nothing you need to or should do  (don't file an amended  tax return).  Refunds have started. When you get yours depends on the complexity of your return.  There is nothing you can do to find out.  You just have to wait. 

References:

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-to-recalculate-taxes-on-unemployment-benefits-refunds-to-start-in-m...

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-begins-correcting-tax-returns-for-unemployment-compensation-income-...

Turbotax will never reflect this on a return filed before the law changed nor should it be changed manually becuase then your AGI will be invalid when attempting to e-file your 2021 return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies