newt0917

If "where's my refund" says approved and says that my refund would be deposited today but the bar isn't marked "sent" yet, when will it be sent?

JeanneLO

The time during the day for a refund release by the IRS can vary. Also, once the refund is sent it can take a day or more to reflect in your bank account.

Here is more information from an IRS FAQ:

What is happening when  Where’s My Refund?  shows my refund’s status as approved?

We’ve approved your refund. We are preparing to send your refund to your bank or directly to you in the mail. This status will then tell you when we will send the refund to your bank (if you selected the direct deposit option). Please wait 5 days after we’ve sent the refund to check with your bank about your refund, since banks vary in how and when they credit funds. (It could take several weeks before you receive a mailed refund check.)

https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

JeanneLO

tracintate

Hi, I am having this issue now. WMR shows approved and refund will be sent today but has not updated to refund sent. How did yours turn out?
katiepie143

I was just going to say the same thing. I’m hoping mine is in later today or tomorrow as mine says today (2/6) but isn’t updated as sent
tracintate

Ok, I’m glad I’m not alone. That was a shock this morning! Would you mind updating me with the outcome?
katiepie143

I sure will. Please do the same. I received an email from turbo tax at 3am that says the refund will come within next bus day. I opted to pay out of my refund to turbo tax. Did you do the same? Maybe that’s why it’s a day off??
tracintate

Yep, I did the same. What concerns me is that the Whwres my refund site never updated to say refund sent. I guess we’ll see!
sinchipi

This is what I got. My refund was also supposed ro be deposited today but was not. I also opted to pay using my refund and according to this email the refund goes to them first so they can take their fee and then will be deposited

Your refund is on its way It should be automatically deposited in your account by the next business day. What’s next: Tax Products Group (TPG), a TurboTax partner, will process your refund by deducting your TurboTax fees from your federal refund and sending the remainder of your refund to you using the delivery method you chose. If you have already paid, please disregard the information about fees being deducted from your refund. You can start checking your account tomorrow to see if your deposit has posted. Note: Some financial institutions may take 1 or 2 business days to post your deposit. If you need to contact TPG You can reach TPG’s customer service department at <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="mailto:ctfax@sbtpg.com">ctfax@sbtpg.com</a>
sinchipi

mrs-andrews2007

Mine says the same thing.. what should u do. Says it will be sent by today but no money in my account and the bar doesnt show sent yet
sinchipi

Guess the only thing to do right now is wait - prob will be deposited by tomorrow
katiepie143

I think it will go in tomorrow and since they only update daily on the IRS website if its sent today you wont see that until tomorrow. I received the same exact email for Turbo tax.
kennethlewis86

Same here. Opted to pay with refund. DDD today. Bar still onapproved. No email tho.
katiepie143

rga-doda1975

I was also supposed to receive my refund today and haven't.  I thought I was the only. Guess not. Glad to hear I'm not alone but was today the first day for refunds to be sent out if so that might be why there's a delay.