turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

According to my Tax Return, I owe Illinois money. I was curious to know if there is a reason why the state hasn't taken their money from my bank account yet.

I have already gotten a refund deposited into my bank account from the feds and Oklahoma.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KrisD
Intuit Alumni

According to my Tax Return, I owe Illinois money. I was curious to know if there is a reason why the state hasn't taken their money from my bank account yet.

If the state is behind in processing their returns, they may not have gotten to your return yet.

According to the State of Illinois:

"We are taking additional steps to protect Illinois taxpayers from identity theft and fraud. To ensure the security and confidentiality of taxpayer information, we have initiated a review process to combat against fraudulently filed returns. As a result of the new security measures, refunds may take longer to process this year than in previous years."

(delays in tax payment processing may also be affected)

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KrisD
Intuit Alumni

If the state is behind in processing their returns, they may not have gotten to your return yet.

According to the State of Illinois:

"We are taking additional steps to protect Illinois taxpayers from identity theft and fraud. To ensure the security and confidentiality of taxpayer information, we have initiated a review process to combat against fraudulently filed returns. As a result of the new security measures, refunds may take longer to process this year than in previous years."

(delays in tax payment processing may also be affected)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies