Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

BushidoI

I received a letter saying I need to fax the IRS my 1095A Form. Will my refund be held if I don't provide it by the 15th?

My wife and I have been traveling out of the country and didn't have the time to respond promptly to the IRS about extra documents (1095A and 8962 Form) we needed to provide. I'm curious as to what will happen next? Will the IRS hold my refund until we provide the documents? Or will they adjust it accordingly? If so, how long until we'll see some if any of the funds? 

Also, checking my transcripts show we didn't even file for 2018, but it was noted as accepted on my Turbo Tax account. 

Thank you for any answers, 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I received a letter saying I need to fax the IRS my 1095A Form. Will my refund be held if I don't provide it by the 15th?

when you comply with the IRS letter according to their instructions, IRS will resume the processing of your tax return. It will take several weeks to finish up.

BushidoI

If its not provided within the 20 days of the letters request will they adjust the return ammount?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies