If I owe taxes: 1. Can I still file next years return? 2. Will I receive a refund? 3. Will they deduct the amount owed from my refund?

I got a letter saying I owed taxes from 2015 this October 2017. The letter was forwarded to my new home and I received it after the reply date the ITS instructed. My question is Can I file 2017’s return and if so will they just deduct the amount owed from my refund 

You can file a 2017 tax return whether or not you have back taxes owed.  If the 2017 tax return you file has a tax refund then the IRS will seize the refund to pay the back taxes owed along with the penalties and interest that have accrued.  If the refund satisfies the debt the IRS will send you remainder of the refund (if any).  If the tax refund does not satisfy the debt then the IRS will send you a bill in the mail for the remaining tax debt plus penalties and interest on the unpaid taxes.