You can check where you chose to receive your refund by following these steps below:
Open your completed return & click on:
- My TurboTax (upper left corner of the screen, next to Overview)
- My Tax Timeline
- More about my refund (highlighted link in blue)
This should show how you are to receive your refund: direct deposit, deposited on a card or by mailed check.
You can also check the status of your refund with the IRS (Where’s My Refund?).
Keep in mind that it takes longer to process your tax return if you opt to mail it.When to check status of your refund:
- Within 24 hours after we've received your e-filed tax return; or
- 4 weeks after mailing your paper return.
When the IRS processes your tax return and approves your refund, you can see your actual personalized refund date. Even though the IRS issues most refunds in less than 21 days after we receive your tax return, it’s possible your tax return may require additional review and take longer.
You should only call if it has been:
- 21 days or more since you filed electronically;
- More than 6 weeks since you mailed your paper return; or
- The Where’s My Refund? tool directs you to contact us.