rnrreynolds

If i donate my state tax refund, does it get reported as income next year?

It's still a refund in your name which you then donate.  It will be income on your 2018 return if you deducted your state income taxes on this year's return.  It will also be a deductible charitable contribution, but whether you actually benefit from the deduction will depend on your total itemized deductions, and the fact that the standard deduction is doubling next year.

Donate to who?
rnrreynolds

to an approved charity at the end of my return.  it's the community food bank