doubledplus1

If I changed my last name only on my social security card but not with dmv, bank or anyone else yet, is it okay for me to continue using my current last name?

HelenaC

No, don't use your old name. A name change can have an impact on your taxes. All the names on your tax return must match Social Security Administration records. A name mismatch can delay your refund.

If the last name and SSN don't match, your e-filed return will get rejected.

Note: It also depends on when you did the name change. If it was recent, the IRS may not have gotten the information from the SSA.

See IRS Change Your Name? It can affect your taxes

Related information:

HelenaC

Related information: