jwilga88

I would like to try to efile after I printed the paper copies

Tonita

As long as you haven't already mailed your 2016 paper return, you can switch to the e-filing method (through October 17, 2017). Some states now require e-filing their returns, and federal and state returns must be e-filed together.

On the other hand, if you already mailed your return, don't e-file. This can cause problems with the government, including refund delays.

Remember, before saving or printing your return, any charges or fees must be paid for.

In TurboTax Online versions, these steps will change how you'll file your tax return(s).

1. In TurboTax Online, sign into your account.
  2. From the Welcome home box on the left, Click on Visit My Tax Timeline below the Download/print return button.
  3. Under SOME THINGS YOU CAN DO click on Add a state. (You are not adding a state to your return.  By choosing this option it will allow us to open up your return.)
  4. Click on the File tab across the top below the Search option.
  5. On the Just one more step screen, follow steps 1 and 2 if you haven't already.
  6. Click the Start button to the right of Step 3.
  7. This will navigate you to the Here are your filing choices screen, click I'd like to chance filing methods.
  8. Change your filing method to E-file and click Save.
  9. Click Continue and follow the onscreen prompts to efile your return.

Tonita