Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I was told by the IRS on 2/28/18 that our taxes were selected for review? Has anyone gone through this and if so what was the outcome?

I e filed on jan. 31th 2018 and they were accepted that same day. It has been 29 days since they have been accepted

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I was told by the IRS on 2/28/18 that our taxes were selected for review? Has anyone gone through this and if so what was the outcome?

After filing your tax return, the acceptance of the return by the IRS does not mean the return has been error-checked or reviewed. Instead, it means the IRS acknowledges receipt of the return. The return then enters a processing or review stage in which IRS computers scan the return to check for errors and verify the inclusion of all forms and schedules needed. After the computer review is over, the return is either approved, flagged for errors or flagged for a personal review.

If you have not received a letter asking for specific items to support your tax return, then this is just a verification review.  Hopefully, this will be resolved soon.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

After filing your tax return, the acceptance of the return by the IRS does not mean the return has been error-checked or reviewed. Instead, it means the IRS acknowledges receipt of the return. The return then enters a processing or review stage in which IRS computers scan the return to check for errors and verify the inclusion of all forms and schedules needed. After the computer review is over, the return is either approved, flagged for errors or flagged for a personal review.

If you have not received a letter asking for specific items to support your tax return, then this is just a verification review.  Hopefully, this will be resolved soon.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies