Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Joseelias97
Returning Member

I want to do my taxes in another way but I already start fill it in turbotax

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

EDITED

@Joseelias97 

You wrote:  "I want to do my taxes in another way but I already start fill it in turbotax"

What did you mean by "start fill it"?   Did you mean you have started to fill it out?  Or do you mean you have already filed???

Are you saying you don't want to use TurboTax?    If so, there's no obligation if you haven't yet filed.   People can try it for free and are not obligated to finish and file with TurboTax.

If you don't want to use it, you can just stop.  It will save your info in case you decide to come back later.

If you want to remove any personal info, you can remove most of it manually.   In addition, if you are sure you won't be using it, and if you wish to do so, you can clear most of your information by using the "clear and start over" feature, but once it has cleared just don't start over. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-clear-and-start-over-in-turbotax-onli...

@Joseelias97 

ADDENDUM:

Please clarify something to be sure I understand you completely.

You wrote:  "I want to do my taxes in another way but I already start fill it in turbotax"

What did you mean by "I already start fill it"?   Did you only mean you have merely started to fill out the entries? Or do you mean you have already filed (submitted)???   If you have already filed (submitted) the return, then the answer would be completely different.

Joseelias97
Returning Member

I just filed, not submitted, do will this affect my taxes?

Joseelias97
Returning Member

Thank you for answer my question, it helps me a lot.

bocca2
Returning Member

I need to add another w2 to my file 

bocca2
Returning Member

Need to add another w2

@bocca2  wrote:

Need to add another w2

You're posting in someone else's thread.  So what is your story?    Is your return still in preparation or did you already actually efile your return?    If you haven't actually submitted the return, you can make any changes you need to before filing.  If  you already efiled, then it becomes more complicated.

If you already actually transmitted the return, what is the status when you log into your account--does it show as pending, accepted, rejected, or what?

If you already efiled, and if it's accepted by the IRS, then the only way to make any changes is with a formal amended return Form 1040X.      The IRS won't begin processing returns until January 27, except for a few returns they pull early for testing purposes.

In the meantime, if you already efiled, do NOT make any changes in your return.   If you end up needing to amend your return, it has to start off exactly as it was when originally filed.   

If you've already efiled and need to add a W-2, then it's best for you if the efile is rejected, since that's the easiest to correct.

@Joseelias97 wrote:

I just filed, not submitted, do will this affect my taxes?

I'm still not sure we are using the same words.   "Filed" and "filled out" are 2 different things.   If you haven't yet actually efiled (submitted the return electronically) or filed by mail, then you can make any changes you need to before you actually submit (file) the return.  Or you can even stop and prepare it a different way, if desired.

On the other hand, if you actually have already efiled (transmitted) the return to the IRS (or mailed it), however, then there is a bigger problem if you need to change something, which would require one to prepare an amended return.

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

Ok, great, please use this link to create a Turbo Tax account, if you are an existing user, sign in with your 2018 username and password to begin:  https://turbotax.intuit.com/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies