Solved: I tried to amend my return after the government accepted an efile, but realized I do not need to amend. Is it too late to cancel the amendment or did it never go through?

alan-davis-payro

I tried to amend my return after the government accepted an efile, but realized I do not need to amend. Is it too late to cancel the amendment or did it never go through?

MollsBBU

The amendment process has not been finalized yet, plus an official amendment is a mailed form showing corrections. So, you don't have to worry about anything being sent. To make sure the files on your account are correct, you may want to go back in and delete anything you added after your initial e-file, though.

MollsBBU