sbcarshops

I submitted my 2016 Federal and State Returns a week or so ago, and just realized that I was an idiot and put the wrong routing number for refunds. I hope there is help.

EricG1

That is a common mistake so don't feel bad. Once your returns are submitted, unless they get rejected, there is unfortunately no way to change that information. However, in the process of getting you your refund, the banks and the IRS will figure out that the information is not correct and they will return the refund to the IRS. At that point, the IRS will issue you a paper check that will be mailed to you. You can contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 and see if you can alert them of the error, but more than likely, you will just have to wait until the IRS recognizes the error.

EricG1