Not everyone received an email, just the people that needed to be notified of any changes. TurboTax continues to work with the IRS and Treasury to ensure delivery of stimulus payments to all eligible TurboTax customers. Here are some reasons you may not have received an email yet:
You were not eligible for a stimulus payment
a stimulus payment was already distributed to you by the IRS and could still be on its way through a Government-issued check or prepaid card or an upcoming direct deposit
IRS may be working on further solutions to send a stimulus payment to those whose payments were returned in the first round of disbursement
IRS has not provided TurboTax and our partners with enough information to process a payment at this time
Please review this article for more information. Is the IRS going to re-issue my stimulus payment?
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
The IRS stopped sending payments as of 1/15 so if you don't see the check by 1/25 you will get it on the 2020 return.
If you did not receive your first and/or second stimulus payment or if the amount received is not correct, you can claim it on your 2020 tax return as the Recovery Rebate Credit. You can e-file your return even if you have no taxable income.
In TurboTax Online, to claim the Recovery Rebate credit please do the following:
- Sign into your account and continue from where you left off
- Click on Federal in the left-hand column, then on Federal Review on the top of the screen
- On the next page titled Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click on Continue
- Follow the interview
- TurboTax will determine whether you are entitled to any additional stimulus
- Any stimulus amount remaining due to you will show as a credit on line 30 of your form 1040.