jaydog1

I started to file with credit karma but it gave me an error message so I assumed it didn’t go through so I filed with turbo tax but credit karma also filed

The IRS does not pull returns on a "first come first serve" basis.  So if you e-filed with two different tax preparation software programs, one of those returns will be rejected and one may be accepted---or maybe both will be rejected if there are errors like wrong AGI that cause rejection.  No telling which one will be pulled first.

Your e-filed return is still in pending on the server because the IRS will not begin to accept/reject/process returns until January 27.  Only a few returns were accepted early in a test batch.  Everyone else has to wait.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-opens-2020-filing-season-for-individual-filers-on-jan-27

So watch your emails and spam folder to make sure you know after Jan. 27 if your return was accepted or rejected.

hunchback33-

You may want to proceed with caution regarding Credit Karma.  Credit Karma customer services refuses to deactivate fraudulent accounts.  As Intuit intends to acquire Credit Karma, it would be helpful to know how Intuit will address these fraud and privacy issues as Credit Karma refuses to deactivate fraudulent accounts.