Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jaydog1

I started to file with credit karma but it gave me an error message so I assumed it didn’t go through so I filed with turbo tax but credit karma also filed

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I started to file with credit karma but it gave me an error message so I assumed it didn’t go through so I filed with turbo tax but credit karma also filed

The IRS does not pull returns on a "first come first serve" basis.  So if you e-filed with two different tax preparation software programs, one of those returns will be rejected and one may be accepted---or maybe both will be rejected if there are errors like wrong AGI that cause rejection.  No telling which one will be pulled first.

Your e-filed return is still in pending on the server because the IRS will not begin to accept/reject/process returns until January 27.  Only a few returns were accepted early in a test batch.  Everyone else has to wait.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-opens-2020-filing-season-for-individual-filers-on-jan-27

So watch your emails and spam folder to make sure you know after Jan. 27 if your return was accepted or rejected.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
hunchback33-
Returning Member

You may want to proceed with caution regarding Credit Karma.  Credit Karma customer services refuses to deactivate fraudulent accounts.  As Intuit intends to acquire Credit Karma, it would be helpful to know how Intuit will address these fraud and privacy issues as Credit Karma refuses to deactivate fraudulent accounts.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies