turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I see on my tax return I filed that it used my pyei for my earned income credit. Is this ok?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

I see on my tax return I filed that it used my pyei for my earned income credit. Is this ok?

Only if you live in an officially declared hurricane area.  See this attached article regarding tax relief for taxpayers affected by hurricanes:   TT Blog - Hurricane Tax Relief

If you are not in a designated hurricane area, you are not entitled to use your prior year income numbers to determine your Earned Income Credit.  You may visit the following link and enter your city, state & zip code to determine if you reside in an affected community:  Federal Disaster Assistance

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Only if you live in an officially declared hurricane area.  See this attached article regarding tax relief for taxpayers affected by hurricanes:   TT Blog - Hurricane Tax Relief

If you are not in a designated hurricane area, you are not entitled to use your prior year income numbers to determine your Earned Income Credit.  You may visit the following link and enter your city, state & zip code to determine if you reside in an affected community:  Federal Disaster Assistance

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies