I recieved a cp2000 notice from the irs for 2018. ...

edgarozella53

I recieved a cp2000 notice from the irs for 2018. I am trying to find out why the fidelity $ did not import into the form when i processed the taxes?

you did not even get close to answering my question?
macuser_22

This appears to be the only post ever made by your user ID.

Imports from financial institutions depend on the financial institution making all the information available, in proper form and error free and can never be guaranteed by TurboTax to be accurate since TurboTax cannot control the data.    You are responsible to compare the import with your statements and check for errors or missing data and make corrections.    Imports are only to save on typing entries but you must still check it.

Did you import the 1099 from Fidelity?  You needed to check over your return before you file to see if everything imported right.  Or you didn't enter all the 1099 info.

Turbo Tax is a self prepared return.  It has no way of knowing or checking that you entered something wrong or in the wrong place or entered something twice  Or left something out.  It doesn't check against any outside sources.  The IRS has copies of all the W2s and 1099s your employer and banks/brokers, etc. sent in to match against.  Turbo Tax only checks the calculations of what you entered.   It is your responsibility to check it over before you file.  They only Guarantee that the calculations are right based on the entries you made.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/what-is-the-turbotax-100-accurate-calculatio...

Anonymous
Not applicable

certain info can not be imported from the broker.  that info has to come from the source or manually entered from the info the broker provides. example: income from Widely Held Fixed Investment Trusts.

K-1 info comes from the publicly held partnership.   

SteamTrain

Another form that cannot be imported from Fidelity, and must be entered manually by the user, are any 1099-R forms that are handled by their pension services division (Fidelity NetBenefits).

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*