Solved: I recently sent in my amended return along with a check for the money I owed. It has been taken out of my bank account already but it still says its in progress. Y?

hporter94

I recently sent in my amended return along with a check for the money I owed. It has been taken out of my bank account already but it still says its in progress. Y?

I amended because my BF wanted to claim our child. After my amended return had been processed and taken out of my account he is still not able to file. How do we file his taxes now?

KarenL2

It can take 12 weeks or longer to finish processing an amended tax return.  That said, the IRS would cash the check you sent, even before it's completed processing.

Depending on how long it's been since you amended, you can choose to wait a little longer.  Or, he can print and mail his taxes with a letter explaining the situation. 

Filing a Paper Return by Mail

KarenL2

Filing a Paper Return by Mail