pizzatrek

I recently E-Filed my taxes with TurboTax and received a 1099-MISC for $600 3 days after filing. Should I attempt to amend my return now or wait ?

MinhT

If you have already filed your return, you'll need to wait for your tax return to either be rejected or accepted, if it is rejected you can add your Form 1099-MISC, correct any other errors on the return and resubmit it.

If it is accepted, you will need to amend your return to include the Form 1099-MISC. 

Please be aware that Form 1040X will not be available in TurboTax until mid-February, but once it is available, you will be able to prepare and print your amended return so that you can mail it to the IRS. You cannot e-file an amended return as this cannot be filed electronically.  The form is only filed on paper, so it will need to be printed and filed by mail. 

Please see the following TurboTax FAQ for instructions on how to amend your tax return in TurboTax.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894381-how-to-amend-change-or-correct-a-return-you-already-filed

MinhT