alexis-hendricks

I received partial reimbursement from my company for miles driven. They paid me $.30/mile. How can I enter that in order to get the correct refund?

I entered the number of mile I drove for work and it appears it is trying to grant me a deduction for the full $.54/mile

MaryK1

You can enter this under Job Related Expenses.  You will put the total the company paid you as reimbursement and Turbo Tax will calculate the correct deduction.

Note: These instructions only apply to 2017 (or earlier) tax year returns. Under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) that Congress signed into law on December 22, 2017, the unreimbursed employee expenses deduction has been suspended in tax years 2018 through 2025.

[ Edited 3/9/2020 | 5:23pm PST ] 

MaryK1

[ Edited 3/9/2020 | 5:23pm PST ]