I received my tax refund in the mail, and when I t...

I received my tax refund in the mail, and when I tried cashing my check in at paypal it says the check writer hasn't verified the check. And my bank denied the check.

Your bank refused to accept a check from the U.S. Treasury?  

@xmasbaby0 - there can be a  lot of fraud with government checks... no kidding. 

I  used to work for a major bank.

With the chips being added to the credit cards, making it harder to commit fraud, the professional fraudsters moved away from credit  cards and moved on to checking accounts.  Hence, government issued checks.  Who would really verify that? THAT is what the fraudsters prey on!  

So I actually got my official state taxes back today and my bank said the same thing about this check, saying that it couldn’t get verified. When I tried checking the check through Ceregy (a number my bank told me to call) it just said that there’s an error processing the check, and give it another try. But when I do, it does the same thing again. 

@stars12291 - often the bank will require it to be deposited with a 3 day or so hold, which gives it time to clear.

were you trying to deposit the check or get cash on the spot for it?????