domytaxes317

I received my email for accepting my state and federal refund on 2-20-18 but when I go to the I.R.S site, it has no information. How do I find out what is going on?

AndreaC1

This is not uncommon; especially if they have not begun processing your return. Until they start reviewing and processing it, there will be no information in their system just yet. The same applies to your state return if you filed one. As long as your return status shows as accepted in TurboTax, you are fine. They will update their system once they begin processing your return. 

They do not send any updates to TurboTax after they accept your return. Once they process the return and approve your refund, they will update the status with a deposit (or check mailed) date for you, on their website. 

You can use the IRS Where's My Refund site for the latest status on your federal tax refund.
  • Although hold times will be very long, due to many calling in, you can also call them at the IRS tax refund hotline at 800-829-4477, Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. Or, call the 24-hour ­assistance number at 800-829-1040.
And you can use your State Department of Revenue's website to check status of state tax refund. Choose your state here How do I track my state refund? and it will give you steps to track the status.