Solved: I received an updated 1098 from my mortgage lender. Do I have to file an amendment?

I received an updated 1098 from my mortgage lender. Do I have to file an amendment?

The corrected version nets me about $50 extra for my state return, and there is no change on my federal return.  It seems like more of a hassle to do the amendment than it is worth.  Do I have to file the amendment?  If so, do I have to file both state and federal, even though there is no change on my federal refund?

You are not required to file the amended return- in fact if there is no change on your federal tax return, you should not amend.  You do have the option to amend your state tax only in TurboTax- just print the state tax and mail with a copy of your corrected 1098 if you choose to.