marevalo

I received an amended w2 after filing 2017 return. Box 12a amount for DD was the only change. Do I need to file an amended return?

My husband and I filed jointed and work for same the employer.  Box 12a DD for hubby was changed from $25,540.80 to $6,385.20.  For myself it changed from $29,136.16 to $7,284.04.  At the time I filed on 1/22/17 the w2s were imported on the TurboTax online service.  The amended w2 occurred today through APD.

DianeW

There is no reason to amend for this purpose.   Fear not—this amount is simply the total cost of the employee's health insurance coverage paid by both the employee and the employer, and it is not taxable.

If you itemized deductions and used the medical expense category for any "after tax" health insurance payments, you would have included only amounts you actually paid.  Again, this should not cause any reason for an amendment.

DianeW