I received a W2-C from my employer, but the only boxes that changed are 3-6. Corrected amounts are less than the previously reported amounts. Should I file a 1040x?

nattle7

Those boxes usually don't change anything on the return ... if you wish to amend the return to see if they do you can and if there are no changes you don't need to mail it in.

You can download the 2016 amendment software for Windows at the following link.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/amend/ty16/

You will also need the .tax2016 data file for your online tax return. As soon as you sign in to your TurboTax Online account you should see a link that says "Download your .tax file." If you don't see that, the instructions in the following FAQ should work.

TaxGuyBill

If Line 71 of your Form 1040 (excess Social Security) as a number on it, you may want to amend.  If that line is blank, boxes 3-6 should not change anything.