usmma82

I received a W-2C from my employer AFTER I filed. How do I need to amend my return?

MargaretL

If the W-2 correct amounts that impact your tax return, then you do need to amend. If the form corrects your name, address or social security/medicare information, then there is no reason for amending. 

You may start amendment and see. If the refund/tax due changes, go ahead and print and mail your amended tax return. Otherwise, there is no need. 

If your return has been submitted- please wait - if it's rejected for some reason, you can change your W-2 information and re-send the return.

If your return has been submitted and accepted- you will have to amend; the return is mailed; takes about 16 weeks to process. Here are amending instructions.

MargaretL