• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fiddleronthesofa

I received a w-2c after filing my 2015 return, but the only changes were to my employer's address, federal ID, and state ID. Do I need to file an amendment for that year?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MichaelDC

I received a w-2c after filing my 2015 return, but the only changes were to my employer's address, federal ID, and state ID. Do I need to file an amendment for that year?

No, you don't have to file an amendment, although it may delay your refund. You reported your income correctly. In the days before e-filing, none of those corrections would have been an issue anyway.

The IRS also received the original W-2 that you reported on your return, so they'll be able to make the connection in the unlikely event there's a confusion.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MichaelDC

No, you don't have to file an amendment, although it may delay your refund. You reported your income correctly. In the days before e-filing, none of those corrections would have been an issue anyway.

The IRS also received the original W-2 that you reported on your return, so they'll be able to make the connection in the unlikely event there's a confusion.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v