fiddleronthesofa

I received a w-2c after filing my 2015 return, but the only changes were to my employer's address, federal ID, and state ID. Do I need to file an amendment for that year?

MichaelDC

No, you don't have to file an amendment, although it may delay your refund. You reported your income correctly. In the days before e-filing, none of those corrections would have been an issue anyway.

The IRS also received the original W-2 that you reported on your return, so they'll be able to make the connection in the unlikely event there's a confusion.

MichaelDC