I received a "Notice of Hold on Income Tax Refund or Credit" for my state income tax refund. Is shows my refund amount of $343.00, but it says it's holding it for a debt

It shows on the letter that I have a balance with Accounts Receivable for $595, but I have nothing that shows this, and have filed with turbotax almost every year for the last 10.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Usually, the letter will have a telephone number for you to call and find out about what it was.

So, give the state a call today and find out what it was for.

_________________________________________

It is certainly possible that you missed paying some prior year's state tax due, or had a state e-file rejected in some prior year that you didn't check up on after you e-filed......or amended a Federal tax return , but didn't amend the state and they caught up with that....or had an "ex" spouse who claimed children that you also claimed on their tax return, or ....or.....or.....but calling the state would be the easiest way for you to find out what the hold refers to.

___________________________

Turbotax isn't informed of any past debts you might (or might not) owe.....it just helps you prepare your tax forms.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*