I received a notice from the IRS last week saying ...

rdwelly0113

I received a notice from the IRS last week saying I owe for a penalty on my state taxes I paid my state taxes for 2019 Is there a way you can check on your end? I show the money was taken out of my

Account  the IRS said that sometimes the money is not sent to the state  could you confirm pls

The IRS is separate from the state.  The IRS would not write you about a state tax.  Who is the letter from and what exactly does it say?

Is it from the state saying you didn't pay the state tax due?  

Your only proof is your bank account statement or credit card statement showing the payment coming out. And Turbo Tax doesn't pay any tax due for you. Turbo Tax just sends your payment method to the state. You either put down your bank account number for the state to pull it directly out of your account or you needed to mail in a check. Most states don't let you pay by direct debit. Did you check your bank account to see if it came out? You should have an instruction sheet telling you how to pay it.

Check the printout or PDF of your return; look for the state cover sheet with the Turbotax logo. If you owed tax, it will show the payment information and how/when you decided to pay. Read the state payment instructions carefully since most states cannot be paid from within the TT system and requires additional steps.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/what-are-my-options-for-getting-my-state-refund-or-fo...

Oh, and you can't have a state tax due deducted from your federal refund. Never. You can only have the Turbo Tax fees deducted from your refund.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/help/can-i-pay-my-state-taxes-from-my-federal-refund/0...

The IRS does not send you notices concerning your state tax return or a state tax payment.

The IRS only is concerned with federal tax returns, federal tax refund and federal tax payments.

If you received a notice from your state concerning a state tax payment and you have proof of payment from your bank account or credit card account, contact the state using the phone number on the notice you received and get more information.

If the notice does indicate the IRS is making the inquiry then this may be a scam.  Contact your state department of revenue to verify.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for state department of revenue contacts - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/help/how-do-i-contact-my-state-department-of-revenue/0...