jerifrancis13

I received a letter from the IRS stating that I owe $1584, I made a mistake on one W2 and I corrected that. Also, there is aW2 reported that I didn't work for last year

If this was an employer that you worked for at the end of 2015 then the last paycheck may have been issued in 2016 thus you have a 2016 W-2 to report.

However, if this is from an employer you never heard of then you can disagree with the IRS and respond to explain this issue ... this may have just been a mistake in the SS# reported OR it could be some kind of identity theft.