Solved: I received a letter from an agricultural coop stating that my share of a Section 199(a) deduction is $xxx dollars. Where do I specify this deduction on my return?

I received a letter from an agricultural coop stating that my share of a Section 199(a) deduction is $xxx dollars. Where do I specify this deduction on my return?

This information will go on form 8903.  This form is not available for Deluxe.  You will need to upgrade to Premier at a minimum.  

*A reminder that posts in a forum such as this do not constitute tax advice.*

What IRS tax form number is referenced on the letter? For example, some lenders will send a letter instead of a 1098, and in the letter it clearly states something along the lines of "this information supplied in lieu of IRS Form 1098".

See this <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/26/1.199-6">https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/26/1.199-6</a>
*Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*
**If a post answers your question, choose it by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer".**

I assume the coop paid you some share income in 2016, and then also issued you a letter for the deduction, also in 2016.  And you need to report the share income and the deduction on your 2016 tax return?

It should be in Desktop Deluxe, though, just not online.