Solved: I received a letter from an agricultural coop stating that my share of a Section 199(a) deduction is $xxx dollars. Where do I specify this deduction on my return?
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I received a letter from an agricultural coop stating that my share of a Section 199(a) deduction is $xxx dollars. Where do I specify this deduction on my return?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 10

I received a letter from an agricultural coop stating that my share of a Section 199(a) deduction is $xxx dollars. Where do I specify this deduction on my return?

This information will go on form 8903.  This form is not available for Deluxe.  You will need to upgrade to Premier at a minimum.  

*A reminder that posts in a forum such as this do not constitute tax advice.*

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 15

What IRS tax form number is referenced on the letter? For example, some lenders will send a letter instead of a 1098, and in the letter it clearly states something along the lines of "this information supplied in lieu of IRS Form 1098".
Highlighted
Level 15

See this <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/26/1.199-6">https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/26/1.199-6</a>
*Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*
**If a post answers your question, choose it by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer".**
Highlighted
Level 15

I assume the coop paid you some share income in 2016, and then also issued you a letter for the deduction, also in 2016.  And you need to report the share income and the deduction on your 2016 tax return?
*Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*
**If a post answers your question, choose it by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer".**
Highlighted
Level 10

This information will go on form 8903.  This form is not available for Deluxe.  You will need to upgrade to Premier at a minimum.  

*A reminder that posts in a forum such as this do not constitute tax advice.*

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 15

It should be in Desktop Deluxe, though, just not online.
Privacy Settings