Solved: I received a 1099-R form for a rollover only after I had finished my taxes. I added it to amend and there are no changes for owe or refund. Do I have to really amend it?

I received a 1099-R form for a rollover only after I had finished my taxes. I added it to amend and there are no changes for owe or refund. Do I have to really amend it?

If your form 1099-R is for a direct rollover (code G in box 7), there is no real need to amend your return. The rollover is not taxable.

The IRS has a copy of your form 1099-R but will know from the code in box 7 that it is a non-taxable rollover. Just keep that form 1099-R in your tax records for at least 3 years.