Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I put in a new heat pump in 2016 and according to the instructions for form 5695 I am entitled to a $300 credit to be entered on form 5695, line 22a. How do I enter this?

Your previous answer wan not adequate;  You answer only took me to the same forms that I originally found.  There is no place on these forms to enter amount paid for "energy-efficient building property" or "An electric heat pump that achieves the highest efficiency tier established by the Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE) as in effect on January 1, 2009". This is copied from the IRS instructions for form 5695
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Melaine

I put in a new heat pump in 2016 and according to the instructions for form 5695 I am entitled to a $300 credit to be entered on form 5695, line 22a. How do I enter this?

In order to enter this in Turbo Tax, please see TurboTaxLindaA directions below for another energy efficient appliance.  The amount you will receive will be determined by the current IRS data in the software.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5733709

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Melaine

In order to enter this in Turbo Tax, please see TurboTaxLindaA directions below for another energy efficient appliance.  The amount you will receive will be determined by the current IRS data in the software.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5733709

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies