crashcarle

I put in a new heat pump in 2016 and according to the instructions for form 5695 I am entitled to a $300 credit to be entered on form 5695, line 22a. How do I enter this?

Your previous answer wan not adequate;  You answer only took me to the same forms that I originally found.  There is no place on these forms to enter amount paid for "energy-efficient building property" or "An electric heat pump that achieves the highest efficiency tier established by the Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE) as in effect on January 1, 2009". This is copied from the IRS instructions for form 5695

Melaine

In order to enter this in Turbo Tax, please see TurboTaxLindaA directions below for another energy efficient appliance.  The amount you will receive will be determined by the current IRS data in the software.

Melaine