You can file a conventional paper return in TurboTax for Windows. You'll need:
Got all that? Let's go!
- Open your return in TurboTax.
- Click the File tab, then Continue.
- On the next screen, E-file Your Federal Return for FREE, select the option File by mail near the bottom of your screen. Click Continue.
- On the following screen, select which return(s) you want to print for mailing (federal and/or state).
- Continue following the on-screen instructions until you get to the Print Tax Return For Mailing screen.
- On this screen, click Print Returns to Mail.
- Then click Preview Print Copy in the pop-up window.
- Wait for TurboTax to generate your return in Adobe Reader.
- Once your return has opened in Adobe Reader, click the "printer" icon near the top to print.
- When finished, click Continue in TurboTax and follow any additional on-screen instructions.
The first page in your printout package will be the File by Mail Instructions, which will provide the mailing address and what forms, if any, you need to include.
Important: To prevent identity theft, we recommend that you mail your return from a post office or give it directly to your mail carrier.
If you are having printing issues with your State return, the link provided below should be able to assist you with getting it printed:
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"